Update by user Dec 30, 2019

We were not able to set system up and charge batteries. I called Arlo support and was told that our product was owned by someone else and returned.

HSN sold us the item as new. I have documentation.

Original review posted by user Dec 30, 2019

I purchased an Arlo Pro 3-pack Camera Security System w/ 2-pack Arlo Security Lights for Eric for Christmas, and we have been trying without success to completely set it up. Im not a complete dummy when it comes to electronics but I just couldnt figure out what was wrong.

Two of the batteries would not charge at all and we tried for three days.

Today I was finally able to reach someone at Arlos tech support who attempted to trouble shoot our system with no luck. He asked me for the part number for the charger, and I asked him which one and told him we had two. The box contained two chargers and two cords. He said there should only be one charger and one cord in the box and asked me what it said on the chargers.

I told him one was labeled Netgear and one was labeled Arlo, and he told me the Netgear charger didnt belong with our system nor did the second cord.

I told the technician that something just didnt seem right and asked him if there was any chance someone had it before us and returned it? He told me he could find out by checking the numbers on the base station and asked me to please wait. Well, a few minutes later he returned to the phone, and my hunch was right. Someone had it before us and returned it.

I called HSN and blasted the woman on the phone who in turn told me it was Arlos fault because it came from their warehouse.

My response to her was, Well you sold it. Basically she didnt give a fat rats behind and simply said she would send me a return label and wouldnt charge us for shipping, and she then told me to have a nice day.

I will NEVER buy from HSN again!

P.S.

I just went to HSN to leave a review a received this message:

Sorry, our records indicate that you have not purchased this item. Only items purchased within the last 365 days may be reviewed and rated.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact HSN Customer Service at 1.800.933.2887 or email us.

Such B.S. I purchased it mid December.

Its obvious they dont want me to leave a negative review. I emailed them but do not expect Ill receive an answer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Arlo Pro Security System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Shopping Network Cons: Product not as described, Sold me a returned product.

Comments