Over 1 week waiting for return label on defective audiovox

Received defective audiovox..placed 2 calls to return product without any results. This isn't my first time as an unhappy customer but I decided to try again. Your reputation is on the line. Please get it right...I will be more cautious from here on. I have purchased rugs in the past that were in horrible condition....only to find that I had to go through the manufacturer who was not willing to back their product...I took a $300 loss. I thought I was done with hsn at that time? I was genuinely hurt because hsn is the one I trusted!
San Diego, California
Loss

Did not notify me they cancelled my order

I ordered the kindle package they were advertising on March 9, 2013. I had my put son's address in another state as the mailing address. Received email conirmation that had order had been received and was due to ship later in March. I checked my acct almost daily and on March 15 to see if it had shipped and they had canceled my order. I called billing and they claimed they left a msg at an old phone number for me to call to confirm my son's address was an approved address. I had updated my phone # on my acct but they apparently hadn't bothered to update their system. I told the guy I had more than one form of communication listed on my acct & he said they could not email. I told him they could have emailed me to ask me to call them if they didn't want to give reason, they could have sent me some kind of msg on my HSN acct or they should have flagged the address immediately when I was placing the order to let me know they had questions about it. He claimed they don't know if emails are safe and only send out shipping info via email. I told him then they don't know if they are emailing the right person the shipping info if they are going to claim emails are not safe and someone could be watching my house and get my package when it arrives if they don't trust emails. For all he knows, since I called in on a different phone number than what they had listed, how did he even know he was really talking to me? When I asked him to send product to my house, he claimed it was too late because they had sold my item. How can you sell the item when you announced on March 11 the item was sold out and you didn't cancel my order until the 14th or 15th? If it was "sold out" on the 11th, then no one could order on the 14th or 15th? The flex pay amt is still showing as pending on my card so they have not refunded me so far.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Loss

Remote control loss of control

On my Comcast HD Channel for HSN #804, if you stop on this channel for more than 1 second you lose control of the remote. It will not allow you to switch to another channel. Your channel selection buttons holding down the freeze and do not operate. By trial and error I found that by holding down the up/down channel button for 4+ secs. it overrides systrem. When I called Comcast, an agent said that it was a transmission problem & they would check it out. HSN you lost a shopper! This should a concern for the Fedal Trade Commission to investigate

It happens to me all the time. Customer service pretends that they never heard of this issue.

So bogus.

I have stock in comcast. I think I will go to the annual meeting and vent

This had made me so mad, I will never buy from HSN again.

I am blocking the station from my TV!

And my elderly grandmother poor thing, she can get out of it and you have to go fix her TV

i have the same complaint and the fcc does nothing 2 years this has been going on

I agree with the above complaint. This needs to be addressed but the FCC. Shopping channels should not be allowed to take over the remote.

Same happened for me on qvc via comcast. This is so wrong.

#820615

This has been happening to me and I don't even use HD. I've always been happy with Comcast until now, but this is so infuriating that I'm about to switch companies.

I have a friend who works there and I'm going to ask him to make it known that they're losing customers over this.

Appreciate the tip on the override.

This HSN channel "problem" has been happening to me also, but only when I am watching on my HD DVR box. All my other cable converter boxes are just fine and it does not happen with any other channels. this is not a "transmission" problem in any way, that is a lie by Comcast. What we have are is a case of collusion between Comcast and HSN and as a result the Consumer is screwed.

Some how, Comcast's or HSN's very own "Geek Squad's" have figured out a way to temporary disable the Viewer's ability to change channels via their cable box's remote control when ever they enter the channel number for HSN. There is no way is scam can be legal, at the very least it most be breaking some type of Consumer protection law and dare I say , could it be against our constitutional rights? They have taken away our freedom to chose the channels we want. Not that our founding fathers had the foresight to envision the creation of any type of electrical invention when they were writing the constitution.

I do plan on contacting the all levels of government and the contact all regulatory agencies and file my complains...We should all do this, so We can show Comcast and HSN that they can not be allowed to this. Is HSN that desperate for viewers?, that they need to "trap" unsuspecting members of the public, in hopes that they can be brain washed into buying *** that they sale on their channel.

Happens to our remote also. Thank you for the shortcut with the channel change button.

What a joke Comcast, you know you and HSN have a sweet little agreement going on.

The same thing happened to me when on HSN channel and when the notice shows on the tv screen press ok to order and you don't after about 10 min it locks the remote.

I called Comcast they didn't know why the box locked up but the guy told me to unplug the cable box from the wall and wait 10 sec. It works but you loose the info on the menu so your changing the channels blindly for up to 1/2 hr.

This is the 3rd time i it happened.

It doesnt happen on QVC. I will try the trick with the remote.

I don't think it's only HSN, I think Comcast is in on it. It has happened to me several times now. I'm going to contact the BBB because this seems illegal.

View more comments (10)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Do not order from them!!! They charge for return and exchange

I'm NOT happy! I ordered a twiggy woven pink tunic in small, but couldn't fit it. I wanted to do an exchange and get a smaller size ( xs), but instead of an exchanged they return it and charged me a return shipping. Now, they want to charge me for the return shipping and charge me for another shipping to get the new tunic to me. $10 is not much, but it's not ok. Do not order from them. They will charge you for return and exchange...QVC is a much better company. NEVER again. X x x x x x

I'm sorry hsn you have lost a paying customer for over ten years , you have always cleaned up your mistake , I don't like that you treat me like I'm just a first time customer , Steve that works in the hospital with all the nurses will let them know of you and for me in the dental will do the same ,

Hurts that when you call they back track like they don't know what's going on, I was not the one the phone with you

@Sanford Xwy

So I miss spell now you make fun of me now

I ask for flex pay, they charged my account for the all payment, that cost me with my bank27 dollars . I called them, they put a credit for 24 dollars on a in house put they ask if it wanted to apply ply it for credit for 24 dollars I gave it back and gave them four more dollars on top of all that , let's faking just say. That something that should have cost me 198 dollars cost me at this just there first payment 285 dollars

Almost all companies charge for you to return an item. I haven't had trouble with either HSN or QVC.

That being said I don't order very much from either place. I think they are both overpriced.

View more comments (5)
Bellingham, Washington

BUYER BEWARE HSN

I purchased a Pro form elliptical/recumbent bike for my husband, who had a very serious illness that left him needing physical therapy on a daily basis. It was ordered as a gift. The offer included free shipping. When it arrived, before it was even out of the box, it was determined that my husband would not be strong enough to use it. I called HSN to arrange return and they are charging me $100 up front to return. They are charging me 1/4 of the cost of the item to return it! I have tried to talk to them but keep running into dead ends. The first person I spoke with quoted a $75 to return. I have arranged to return it but at the updated $100 fee. I was told the other quote was wrong. I will not get my refund until - whenever they get around to it, I guess. I am extremely unhappy and feel ripped off. I will never use HSN again and everyone should be very careful using them.

YOU ordered it! Hsn is not responsible for your husbands inability to use it.

Shipping is free TO you not back FROM you. Your sense of entitlement is wrong. You got what you ordered, and should be liable for return shipping.

YOU made the wrong purchase. Not HSN'S fault.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Loss

No reliable company big delays in urgent shipping lot of lies

worst company ever! slow shipping and plenty complications to place an order NO RELIABLE company! I bought two Lulu Guinness clutches which I need for new year party on x-mas eve very soon i realize it will be better place a two days shipping delivery ( their regular delivery time is 3-7 days) i called the sale rep i was told it was not way to change the shipping speed after the order was place..really i said even if place the order only a few hours ago and is still in the warehouse? only way she said canceling the order and placing a new one.. which i did despite it sound like a complicated old system to do things..i send the new order within minutes right in the phone with her, to find out one of the clutches were sold out..what! but you told if was still in stock! I asked for a manager, just to hear it was nothing she could do..but put me in the waiting list..but the good new is that the red clutch could be sent in two days, fine that's the one i really need for the new year event. Did I mentioned that my account was charge twice? because the first order they told me to cancel cause they could not do a minimal change and for the second order..the first one droped three days later but mean while hold the money. HSN assured me the clutch will be here by Dec 28..i was waiting for it all day..around 6 pm i tracked to find out it will be here January second! i was livid...not way! i called ups..hsn handle them the item just the night before ( Thursday) knowing ups does not work on the weekend..knowing Friday it will be count as the first day. they sent it on a two days economy ground shipping!!! meanwhile my clutch was setting there for four days! can you believe that company?! ''economical ground shipping" after they waste for days knowing very well i needed before new year or by new year. Not respect or appreciation whatsoever for the their clients..i spent thousands of dollar in this this company and that's how they treat me?? they can keep their bags and their business i don't want nothing to with this company.. i asked a manager -Stephanie- if she can send me another one overnight then i will return the extra when i arrive..she said there's not way she can do that..'sorry miss'. I am done with HSN for life.

I have ordered things from HSN several times and never had any problems, the items also arrive when stated. But then on the other hand I have never tried to "change horses in the middle of the stream."

Forest Hills, New York

HSN - Home Shopping Network

I ordered a Samsung home theater system (HT-4500) and received it yesterday. I went to Best Buy today to pick up some accessories and noticed that the same model number that I had purchased from HSN looks completely different from the model at Best Buy. I decided to look at the Samsung website and it was the same scenario there as well. Not only did I receive last years model... but I also paid $299 for the old model when the new model is selling for $269 from the retailer itself! Typically it would be more on the Samsung website. Then I looked at my other options from HSN and realized that they are selling last year models for more than the current model is selling for in stores for most of the products. I do NOT recommend shopping here unless you do your research!
De Pere, Wisconsin

Poor customer servie / HSN shopping network

Update by user Jan 14, 2013

This is an update as requested per "Pissed Consumer" related to my HSN complaint. We never received an appology, or a phone call from anyone at HSN. However, that day I contacted my credit card company concerning the matter and they did not hesitate making sure a block was placed on my account before any charges were submitted.

An invesigation was done by my credit card company to validate my complaint, and the charges never appeared on my next statement.

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2012
This was my first time placing an order with HSN/Home Shopping TV Network. On Dec.10, 2012, HSN's hot items Christmas gift selections. I thought it would be a great Xmas gift for my wife and called their ordering center to place the order. Keep in mind, this item as many of their gift selections, are limited to a certain amount in stock. Once they are gone, they're gone, and will never be available for purchase again. I wanted to be a quick responder, to make sure they would not be sold out. I happen to get a very friendly representative to handle my order, but she did let me know that she was new in her position and to bare with her. I wasn't in any hurry and assured her to take her time in the ordering process. I wanted everything to be accurate and to prevent any mistakes. I was very patient with her as she was very confused at times, but continued on the phone for over twenty minutes placing the order. She was given all of my pertinent information. To make a long story short, when I went on line to check my order status three days later, I found out that the order was never confirmed to ship, but HSN managed to charge my credit card. When I called to speak to a supervisor, she told me that there was nothing that can be done to receive the product that I ordered due to the product being no longer available. I took care of the charges on my card, but what do I tell my wife at Christmas. The supervisor's response to my dilemma was just," I'm sorry this happened to you." This was my first and last experience with HSN due to their incompetence and poor customer service.
Reading, Pennsylvania

Didn't send product for one order. Sent faulty products out twice.

Thouroughly dissapointed in HSN. Ordered bars/cookies for my Mom in MN for Thanksgiving. They never got delivered. Ordered eyebrow filler for my Mom. It got here and was all dried out. She had to pay to send it to me from MN. They sent a 2nd one and it was worse. NOW they have the odasity to ask me for another purchase price to send the 3rd one out. My Mom just called me this morning about the 2nd one. She's sending it back today. They SUCK. Why not check to make sure your product is good BEFORE you send it out. Lazy, *** ***. I'm so embarrassed for you.
Chicago, Illinois

HSN has done nothing

I purchased a sumsung phone on Sept. 2012 with a Net 10 free minutes. I was able to to activate the phone. However the following month I wanted to purchase more minutes. This is when it all happened. The co. changed my phone number and no one was able to tell my why. It is very very difficult to take to anyone. I waited for hours one day, and I was so totally frustrated. I called HSN and they gave me this site. I am still waiting for someone to email me back. Totally upset with HSN. Hope to hear
Chicago, Illinois
Loss
Bought a Tracfone from HSN. They claimed it came with 1400 "free" minutes. Transferred my number to the Tracfone with no problem, but...nothing worked afer that. Unable to receive the "included" minutes. HSN refuses to call and try to correct the problem. Told me to...

Promotional expiration information is included on the Welcome Guide. During the extended holiday return period (from 10/15/2012 to 12/21/2012) - not only can you return the item through 1/31/2013 - we also had the promotional period extended until this date 1/31/2013. We do provide a minimum of 60 days from th HSN order date to redeem the promotional airtime (usually purchases made after 12/1/2012 had 60 days to redeem)!

Unfortunately - if you are purchasing Xmas gifts very early - I do not recommend purchasing an item with promotional minutes unless you are planning to activate the service prior to the deadline.

The Simply Wireless website is not affiliated with HSN items and we do not advise customers to visit this site.

Thank you!

The Wireless Center

hsncare@***.com

View more comments
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Loss

HSN Customer Service is Terrible!!

I have been shopping with HSN for years. Recently, I relocated and had placed an order online, double checked that it would be sent to my NEW address....got a confirmation email THE NEXT DAY that listed my old address as the "shipping address". WHAT???? I called HSN immediately to which they stated there was nothing that could be done!!! Product was in process of shipping, and I was told that I should've phoned right after I placed the order to change the shipping address. I tried to explain that I had not received the confirmation email until the next day and that their online process had a bug, and was told "that's weird". I was also told by HSN customer service to call UPS to find out if I could get the shipment to my new address. UPS stated HSN would have to change it and there was nothing that could be done on their part. UPS was sympathetic and stated I would have to go to my old address to retrieve the product from the people that currently lived there. OMG! Seriously?? It was a big, HUGE mess which I spent hours trying to fix. I did get the product from the old address, but it was a very difficult and crazy process. BE EXTRA CAREFUL ORDERING ONLINE WITH HSN!!!!!! Customer Service is NO HELP!!
Cibolo, Texas

HSN ripoff

I was ordering some Beats headphones for xmas. One pair in Pink and one wireless pair in White. When I clicked on submit, a popup appeared which told me I had to call their number to complete the order. In speaking with the Cust Svc rep, I asked her to change the White pair to Black in which she complied. I SPECIFICALLY asked the rep if there were only 2-Beats items in my order....one for pink and one wireless for Black. She acknowldeged YES. The next day when I reviewed my order status, the Cust Svc rep had added another pink and an additional Black onto my order and posted the warranty insurance to the wrong headphones as well. When I called Cust Svc again, they said the items had already shipped from the Beats Warehouse and there was nothing they could do to stop the now over $1,000 order of headphones on my credit card WITH the incorrect warranties. She said she would go against their normal policy and at least find it in her heart to send me a free shipping label to return the items that were in error. However, she also blamed me for placing the order on HSN.com although I was not able to finalize the order and had to call the number that came up in the popup. She also said that because these items ship from the Beats warehouse and not the HSN warehouse, that it would take months to issue my refund. Are you kidding? I am now waiting for the items I ordered from HSN and will be sending them back immediately with all of the other xmas shopping items I purchased. I have blocked HSN from my Direct TV programming guide and removed the HSN Icons from my phones, iPads and computers so that I NEVER shop with this incompetent company again. This is not the first time HSN has screwed up an order, but it is my last. What a racket.
Champaign, Illinois

HSN sold iPad as new and it wasn't

On 09.21.12, I purchased a Apple iPad 3 from HSN, on Oct. 5, 2012 I contacted Apple to purchase the Apple Care Plus for the iPad 3, and to my shock and surprise I was informed by Apple that my device did not qualify for the Apple Care Plus. The reason given was that the Apple iPad3 had been previously purchased from an Apple retailer on June 6, 2012 and it was returned shortly thereafter to that same retailer. HSN swore that the item was new and it had never been used before. That was truly fraudlent on the part of HSN. Buyer please beware......

I had the same thing happen to me. A family member purchased a supposedly new iPad for me from HSN but when I wiped it clean and tried to set it up again I couldn't because it belonged to a school district in NY! Now it is locked up and said that only that school district can unlock it!

Irvine, California
Loss

HSN did not honor there free one month boost mobile service

I bought a phone last year in June a Samsung Prevail Cell Phone with 1 month Free Boost Mobile service. I didnt activate my phone until August. I tried to get the free month but they told me it had expired. There was no expiration date anywhere in my package. I called numerous times and they wouldnt honor the free month, so I am an ex customer now!!!!..in the future, HSN needs to include an expiration date. I have switched over to QVC and I am very satisfied.............HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN HSN SUCKS!
Austell, Georgia